Subaru Australia today confirms Australian specification for the all-new, all-electric Subaru Solterra SUV.
Solterra, Subaru’s first battery electric vehicle (BEV), is available in two variants, AWD and AWD Touring.
Built on the e-Subaru Global Platform, the Solterra brings everything owners love about Subaru vehicles over generations, trusted reliability, cutting-edge infotainment and safety technology, Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, and real SUV credentials, to all-electric vehicle.
Both variants will come standard with a complimentary five-year service plan, five-year roadside assistance, carpet mat set, cargo tray and a 2kW (8 Amp) AC charging cable with 10 Amp wall plug for charging.
Powered by a high voltage 71.4kW lithium-ion battery, the Solterra delivers a maximum power output of 160kW and 337Nm of torque. In accordance with Australian Design Rules (ADR81/02), which states that vehicles imported into Australia should be homologated with a NEDC claimed range figure, Solterra has a NEDC test range of 485km1.
Charging the Solterra is simple with both AC and DC charging capability. Charging from 0-to-80 per cent via 150kW DC charger takes approximately 30 minutes, whereas via a single-phase 7kW AC charger 0-to-100 percent takes approximately nine and a half hours and 0-to-100 percent charge via a 11kW three-phase takes approximately six and a half hours2.
True to Subaru’s spirit, Solterra owners can explore a variety of road surfaces, thanks to its class leading 212mm of ground clearance3 and Dual Mode X-Mode that works with Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive (AWD) to provide exceptional grip and control. This driver-activated feature is designed to be used when road conditions become particularly treacherous or challenging, such as in slippery or icy weather, on steep hills, or in muddy terrain. Solterra also includes a new Grip Control function.
A central 12.3-inch high-definition touchscreen coupled with wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ connectivity4 and a high quality 6-speaker or 10 speaker Harman Kardon® sound system5 (exclusive to AWD Touring) makes entertainment and connectivity on road trips simple.
Exclusive to Solterra AWD Touring is a panoramic glass sunroof which offers a broader view of the sky and surroundings along with extra natural light in the cabin.
Subaru Australia’s Managing Director, Blair Read, said: “We are excited to welcome the Solterra to the Subaru model range. The Solterra delivers Subaru’s trusted reliability, diverse-terrain capability, safety, and engaging driving dynamics in Subaru’s first all-electric SUV.
"The smooth, linear output of the dual electric motors combined with Subaru’s legendary Symmetrical All Wheel Drive, means drivers have outstanding control and capability on all kinds of road and conditions. The Solterra delivers the renowned driving feeling and confidence that Subaru owners demand."
First vehicles have already started to arrive in Australia, with demonstration vehicles also landing in participating Retailers now.
To place a pre-order, customers are invited to visit www.subaru.com.au/solterra to Buy Online or contact an authorised Subaru Retailer.
SOLTERRA AUSTRALIAN SPECS AND FEATURES
*Two tone colour options available at an additional cost of $1,200.
The Solterra AWD feature black cloth seat trim, while range topping Subaru AWD Touring feature synthetic leather in black.
- Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
- Max power: 160kW
- Max torque: 337Nm
- NEDC test range of 485km1
- S Pedal Drive
- Dual Mode X-Mode with NEW Grip Control Function
- 212mm of ground clearance3
Battery & Charging
- 71.4kWh Lithium-ion battery
- 2kW (8 Amp) AC charging cable with 10 Amp wall plug
- 0-100% via 2kW single-phase AC charger – Approx. 35 hours2
- 0-80% via 150kW DC charger – Approx. 30 minutes2
- 0-100% via 7kW single-phase AC charger – Approx. 9.5 hours2
- 0-100% via 11kW three-phase AC charger – Approx. 6.5 hours2
- 18-inch alloy wheels with wheel cap
- Dusk-sensing, self-levelling LED headlights with auto off
- Rear LED combination lights
- Powered door mirrors – auto-folding
- Puddle lamps – door mirror
- Powered tailgate
- Roof rails
- Roof carrier brackets
- Cloth seat trim - black
- Carpet mat set
- Cargo tray
- Heated leather steering wheel
- 8-way power seat with lumbar support – driver
- Heated seats – front and rear outboard
- Regeneration Mode Paddles
- Digital rear view mirror
- Air conditioning - dual-zone, climate-control with rear vents
- Remote air conditioning system
Entertainment, Technology and Safety
- Central information display with 12.3-inch-high-definition touchscreen
- 7-inch digital instrumentation
- Satellite navigation
- Wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ connectivity4
- USB ports – USB-A & USB-C connection
- 6-speaker audio
- SRS airbags – dual front, dual front side, dual curtain, and front seat centre
- 3-point ELR rear seat belts
- Subaru Safety Sense featuring:
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Emergency Driving Stop System
- Emergency Steering Assist
- Lane Departure Alert
- Lane Tracing Assist
- Low-Speed Acceleration Suppression
- Pre-Collision System
- Road Sign Assist
- Speed Limiter
- Vision Assist featuring:
- Adaptive High-Beam System
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)
- Front Parking Sensors
- Front View Monitor
- Panoramic 360 Degree View Monitor
- Parking Support Brake
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Safe Exit Assist
- Driver Monitor6 featuring:
- Distraction warning
- Drowsiness warning
Solterra AWD Touring adds:
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Auto-dipping door mirror
- Two tone paint options available for an additional $1,200 (on selected colours)
- Panoramic glass roof
- Synthetic leather seat trim
- 8-way power seat – front passenger
- Door mirror memory setting – driver
Entertainment, Technology and Safety
- Wireless Qi charger7
- 10 Harman Kardon® speakers, subwoofer, and amplifier5
- Subaru Vision Assist:
WARRANTY: Five-year/unlimited kilometres, 60 months/75,000km Capped Price Servicing Program, five-year Roadside Assistance Program.
BATTERY WARRANTY: The Subaru New Vehicle Warranty period on batteries (12 Volt) is 2 years. The Subaru New Vehicle Warranty period on high-voltage batteries for Subaru Electric vehicles is 8 years/160,000 kilometres, whichever comes first. After this warranty period, any required battery replacement will be a chargeable item.
To support customers with their ownership journey of an all-electric Subaru, the following charging bundles are available for purchase via the Authorised Subaru Retail Network or via Subaru.com.au when making an online purchase.
- Bundle 1: Ocular LTE Plus Wallbox Single Phase (7kW) Tethered Type 2 with 6 metre cable – $2,250 RRP (inc. GST and standard installation).
- Bundle 2: Ocular LTE Plus Wallbox Three-Phase (22kW) Tethered Type 2 6M cable – $2,645 RRP (inc. GST and standard installation).
Genuine Subaru Accessories
Whether it’s for convenience, protection, or personalisation, Subaru offers a diverse selection of genuine accessories tailored specifically for the Solterra EV. Visit www.subaru.com.au/solterra/accessories to explore the full range.
Overseas model shown in accompanying imagery.
*Prices are Subaru (Aust) Pty Ltd’s Manufacturer’s List Prices only and include GST but exclude dealer delivery charges and all other government and statutory charges. For the drive-away price of Subaru vehicles, consumers should be advised to contact their local authorised Subaru dealer.
1. Figure based on NEDC (New European Driving Cycle) static laboratory combined average city and highway cycle test mandated by ADR 81/02. Range figure are laboratory test results only based on standardised testing conditions which measure, energy consumption and range. Actual real world range results will likely be less and to the extent that they are less will depend on a combination of factors including but not limited to load, traffic conditions, driving style, type of journey, vehicle configuration, battery age and condition, use of vehicle features (such as heating and air conditioning), as well as operating, environmental and climate conditions. It is for comparison purposes only and not intended to be give an accurate indication of what might be achieved in the real world.
2. Charging times will vary depending on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the output of the charger being used, starting battery charge, charging equipment, ambient temperature, battery state as well as the age of the battery at point of use. As a result of these factors, charging times may therefore vary significantly.
3. Ground clearance at kerb weight.
4. Compatible Apple® or Android™ device required.
5. Harman Kardon® is a registered trademark of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated.
6. The Driver Monitoring System (DMS) features for Solterra are distraction warning and drowsiness warning. DMS performance and capability is dependent on environmental and technical conditions. Refer to Owner’s Manual for full details.
7. Compatible Qi enabled, and compliant device required.
8. The Advanced Park Assist system is designed to support the driver but has limitations in recognition accuracy and control performance. It is the driver's responsibility to remain aware of the vehicle's surroundings, including pedestrians and other vehicles, and drive safely. For more information, please consult the Owner's Manual.